Realnews, a general interest magazine, is privately owned online publication which thrives on investigative journalism. We have expertise in reporting business and economy; the oil and gas sector with its attendant environmental challenges. We aim to unearth exclusive stories about real people and the challenges they are facing in their day-to-day activities. We do this bearing in mind that government can only act to influence the lives of people positively if they are aware of their true situation. Hence, our objective is to use our investigative skills to ferret out information in the sectors we focus on and produce an unbiased report which will actually influence the government and decision makers to take actions that will make the society better.
We are seasoned journalists who believe strongly in the tenets and ethics of the profession. We sincerely believe that journalism as the fourth Estate of the Realm can contribute its quota towards building a fair and just society where fundamental human rights are respected and citizens have the freedom to pursue their interests anywhere in the world without hindrance. Our editors have a combined experience of several decades in active journalism practice and are highly dedicated to serving humanity. Hence our motto: For God and Humanity.
Our dedication to duty has earned some of us major international fellowships – the prestigious Harry Brittain Memorial Fellowship of the Commonwealth Press Union, UK, and International Center for Foreign Journalists (ICFJ) Reston, Virgina, US. We have also won national awards in different aspects of the profession. They include the Nigerian Media Merits Award (NMMA) and Diamond Award for Media Excellence (DAME) as the Investigative Reporter of the Year, Print Journalist of the Year, Oil and Gas Reporter of the Year, Business Reporter of the Year, Political Reporter of the Year and Capital Market Reporter of the Year, and Young Journalist of the Year by Nigeria Media Center and so on. All the awards were garnered between 2000 and 2011.
In 2012 alone, one of our reporters and editor were nominated for the Nigeria Media Merits Award in different categories such as the Oil and Gas Reporter of the Year Award, Defence Reporter of the Year, Power Reporter of the Year and the prestigious Columnist of the Year. We won Oil and Gas and Defence Reporter of the Year awards.
Our Vision & Mission
Our vision is to build a reputable and world class media institution whose watchword is professionalism and integrity.
· Our mission as an online news magazine is to ensure that Realnews, a general interest magazine becomes the cornerstone of investigative journalism in Nigeria and Africa.
· We will publish a credible and influential magazine that will galvanise the public especially the government and decision makers into taking actions that will change the political, socio-economic landscape and society in general for the better.
· We will focus on business and economy, oil and gas, environment, politics, vulnerable groups – youth, women and children, and give voice to the silent majority and minority groups.
· We will use Realnews magazine to fight any form of injustice and ensure that no section of the Nigerian society is neglected, discriminated against or left behind in our quest to build a better and just world where basic human rights are well respected and cherished.
For God and Humanity
Realnews Annual Programmes
- Realnews Anniversary Lecture Series: The High Level RealnewsAnniversary Lecture Series was established in 2014 to celebrate the best minds in our society and tap into their repository of knowledge to enrich the discourse on national development. Speakers are given the scope to draw deep from their experience and expertise on how to move the Nigeria project forward.
Our past Anniversary Lectures have been delivered in person by prominent persons from Nigeria and Africa, including His Excellency, Mr. John Dramani Mahama, former President of Ghana (2019); Professor Mahmood Yakubu, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, (2018), Dr. Oby K. Ezekwesili, Senior Economic Adviser, Africa Economic Development Policy Initiative (AEDPI), former Vice President, Africa, World Bank and former Nigerian Minister of Education (2017); Dr. Mohamed Ibn Chambas, United Nations Secretary General’s Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel (2016), and Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (2015) and Professor Maurice Iwu, former Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (2014).
2. Journalism Mentorship/Training/Workshop
3. Book Publishing/Biographies
4. Image Survey/Study for Corporate Organisations/Individuals
5. Media Consultancy/Advisory Services
Realnews Hall of Fame: The investiture into the prestigious Realnews Hall of Fame holds annually after the Lecture series. The Realnews Hall of Fame was established in 2015 to exclusively honour our Guest Speakers, Chairmen, Discussants, Book Reviewers and Realnews Ambassadors for their contribution to knowledge and national development and service to the organization at its annual anniversary lecture.
Roll Call of Distinguished Members of the Prestigious Realnews Hall of Fame
*His Excellency, Mr. John Dramani Mahama, former President of Ghana
*Dr. Mansur Muhtar, Vice President, Islamic Development Bank and Former Finance Minister of Nigeria
*Mr. Alex Ayoola Okoh, Director General of Bureau of Public Enterprises
*Mrs Margaret Olele, Chief Executive Officer, American Business Council
*Professor Maurice Iwu, Former Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
*Dr. Ngozi Anyaegbunam, President, Media World
*Mr. Roberts Orya, Former Managing Director, Nigerian Export Import Bank (NEXIM)
* Professor Joseph Ezigbo, Managing Director, Falcon Corporation Limited
* Mr. Benjamin Dikki, Former Director General, Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)
*Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, former governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
*Mallam Mohammed Hayatu-Deen, Founder/CEO Alpines Invests
*Dr. Abraham Nwankwo, Former Director General, Debt Management Office
*Mr. Gimba Ya’u Kumo, former managing director, Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria
*Dr. Mohamed Ibn Chambas, Special Representative of the United Nation’s Secretary General, United Nations Office for West African and Sahel (UNOWAS)
*His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State
*Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi, Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
*Mr. Ibrahim K. Idris, Inspector general of Police, (IGP) Nigeria
* Alexander B. Cummings, Liberian politician and Former President, Coca Cola’s Africa Group
* Dr. (Mrs.) Oby Ezekwesili, Former Minister of Education and Former Vice President World Bank’s Africa Region
* Professor Akpan Hogan Ekpo, Director General and Chief Executive Officer of the West African Institute for Financial and Economic Management (WAIFEM)
* Dr. Maikanti Baru, Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC
*Ahmed Lawan Kuru, Managing Director and chief Executive Officer, Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON)
* Waheed Olagunju, Executive Director, Small and Medium Enterprises of the Bank of Industry, (BoI)
*Dr. Haroun Adamu, former Chairman of Petroleum Trust Fund
*Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, Chairman National Electoral Commission (INEC)
*Professor Adebayo Olukoshi, Director, Africa and West Asia Regional Programme and Liaison office to the African Union, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
*Dr. Charles Okeke, Dean, School of Economics, The College of Southern Nevada, Nevada system of Higher Education, Charleston Campus, Las vegas, USA.
*Engr. Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, Bayelsa, Nigeria
*Mr. Paul Ejime, Vetertan Journalist and International Media and Communications Consultant
*Sir Eze Emecheta, Managing Director, Zevis Group
* Mrs Comfort Coleman, Managing Director, NEKEGO Ltd
- Paragon of Journalism Volume 1 and 2
- Federal Road Safety Corps In the Eye of the Media Volume 1,2 and 3
- Pathways to Political and Economic Development of Africa