Nigerian troops in an onslaught against Boko Haram terrorists this evening rescue 200 kidnapped girls and 93 women from Sambisa forest
| By Maureen Chigbo | Apr. 28, 2015 @ 09.54 GMT |
NIGERIAN soldiers today raised hope again that the missing Chibok school girls will be rescued as they recorded a feat when they engaged Boko Haram insurgents in what appears to be a decisive fight to chase them out of the country. “The troops rescued 200 abducted girls (not Chibok girls) and 93 women. They are presently being processed,” a text message from Col. S. K Usman, acting director of Army, Public Relations, this evening, April 28, said. It stated that “our gallant troops have been making progress in the desired aim of ridding the nation of terrorists and their sanctuaries. It is heartwarming to inform you that today the troops continued the offensive and cleared four key terrorists camps in Sambisa forest, Borno State.”
According to Usman, “So far, they have destroyed and cleared Sassa, Tokumbere and two other camps in general area of Alafa, all within the Sambisa forest. Similarly, he said that a number of equipment and weapons have been captured.” He promised to send further details and photographs soon.
(Click back for more updates please)