Through its global network of over 500,000 board directors and governance professionals, the Enterprise Governance Management leader leverages its reach and perspective to give back to the board member community with new research platform
The Diligent Corporation on Wednesday, December 5, unveiled the Diligent Institute, a groundbreaking think tank dedicated to filling a void for today’s board directors around a global perspective on governance.
At its core, Diligent Institute provides board directors and executive teams with industry-leading global research on governance practices to better inform decision-making, enabling organizations to drive increased environmental and social impact and long-term value. With access to more boardrooms than any company in the world, Diligent is uniquely situated to share the collective knowledge of this community to improve governance practices worldwide.
The announcement came amidst a year full of innovation from Diligent and demonstrates the company’s continued investment in empowering the state of global corporate governance. The new research arm offers board directors consequential perspectives from today’s top minds to better inform the decisions and strategies that propel business success.
“As the leader in governance software, we took it upon ourselves to give back to the global community of board directors with the creation of Diligent Institute,” Brian Stafford, the Diligent CEO, said. “What’s important for a boardroom today differs from years past. This one-of-a-kind organization equips leaders with game-changing information and research, giving them the tools to make more insightful, strategic decisions that drive their businesses forward.”
Diligent’s global reach sets the Institute’s research apart and is derived from real experience across sectors and geographies. Through its quantitative surveys, case studies, and interviews with leading professionals and experts, the Institute improves the transparency, accountability, and efficiency of businesses world-wide. The Institute has already provided insight from a global panel of board directors on many pressing board service questions from their peers in the Ask a Director series. The Institute has also assembled an Advisory Board with a membership spanning industries and geographies. The advisory board members offer a distinct perspective to guide the Institute. They include:
- Anastassia Lauterbach, director on the Boards of Dun & Bradstreet, Wirecard, and Censhare, a senior advisor to McKinsey and Company, and the author of The Artificial Intelligence Imperative: A Practical Roadmap for Business
- David Larcker, James Irvin Miller, professor of Accounting and Director of the Corporate Governance Research Initiative at the Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Dottie Schindlinger, vice-president and Governance Technology Evangelist at Diligent Corporation, co-author of forthcoming Governance in the Digital Age, renowned speaker on Governance issues, and a founder of BoardEffect.
- Peter Gleason, the president and CEO of the National Association of Corporate Directors
- Susan Kilsby, the chairman of Shire plc. and Non-Executive Director of Diageo, Goldman Sachs International, Fortune Brand Home & Security, and BBA Aviation
- Susan Forrester, the director on the Boards of G8 Education Ltd, Over the Wire, and Xenith IP Group, as well as Chairman of National Veterinary Care Ltd.
- TK Kerstetter, the founder and CEO of Boardroom Resources, Editor-at-Large of Corporate Board Member, and Host of “Inside America’s Boardrooms”
- Brian Stafford, the CEO of Diligent Corporation and co-author of forthcoming Governance in the Digital Age
“Diligent Institute targets the global issues that face today’s boardrooms,” Anastassia Lauterbach, a Diligent Institute advisory board member, said. “It is getting increasingly hard to address corporate competitiveness and grow the value of businesses in the age of rising Artificial Intelligence, global worries about inequality, and confusion around the impact of data on our lives and decision making. Diligent Institute provides a fantastic platform to educate boards on use cases, best practices, and support directors in the decision-making process.”
Diligent Institute is the global governance research arm of Diligent Corporation, whose corporate governance products are used by more than 500,000 individuals in 14,000 organizations across 90 countries. It will operate separately from the company’s core business. The research is free and is available at DiligentInstitute.com.
– Dec. 7, 2018 @ 17:15 GMT |