Elections in Zimbabwe holds in July

0
30

 

ZIMBABWEAN President Emmerson Mnangagwa has promised to hold a transparent elections by July stating that he will respect the result if the opposition wins.

Mnangagwa on Wednesday, January 24, said that the election will be the first big test of his legitimacy since he took power in November when the military ousted Robert Mugabe who ruled for 37 years.

According to him, the election will also test the country’s electoral system after complaints of rigging in the past.

He also told the World Economic Forum in Davos that Zimbabwe is “open for business”.

Realnews reports that government spending spiked under ex President Robert Mugabe and was in part used for political patronage.

The government spent over 90 percent of its budget on recurrent expenditure leaving less than 10 percent for capital expenditure, leading to the collapse of the country’s economy.

 

– Jan. 24 2018 @ 17:30 GMT

 

 

 

Click Banner for Details