FIRE has gutted a part of the house belonging to former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The fire which broke out on Wednesday night wreaked havoc on a hut within the premises of the former president situated at the Ita-Eko area of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
An aide to Obasanjo told Realnews that the fire was caused by a electrical fault that caused a spark after power supply was restored to the building where aides of the former president used to stay when he was in office.
Realnews gathered that residents trooped out to assist the domestic workers in the house to put out the fire.
The extent of damage to the building has not been confirmed as cameras were not allowed in and around the vicinity.
– Feb. 13, 2020 @ 11:45 GMT |