Here are the key findings in Nigeria:
- Out of all African countries, analysed in the research, Nigeria surpasses Algeria, however, lags behind Kenya, Morocco, Tunisia, and others. Algeria ranks 84th while Kenya is in the 77th place, Morocco – 70th, and Tunisia – 64th.
- While Nigeria ranks at the bottom of the DQL Index 2020, it surprises in terms of its e-security ranking. Nigeria is in the 70th place globally — it ranks 53rd in terms of cybersecurity, however, has no data protection laws available in the country.
- When it comes to internet quality, Nigeria ranks at the bottom of the pillar — in the 81st place. However, It has a better quality internet than Peru, Algeria, Philippines, and Sri Lanka.
- Nigeria has the least affordable internet globally. It ranks below Columbia and Honduras in terms of internet affordability.
Also, this year we took into account the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on internet quality, among other factors, such as internet affordability, electronic government, e-security, and electronic infrastructure.
Attached below is the case study of Nigeria that contains all the key findings and comparisons with South Africa and Algeria.
– Aug. 20, 2020 @ 16:45 GMT |