GARBA Shehu, senior special assistant to the president on Media and Publicity, has allayed fears following reports that there was fire outbreak at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, on Saturday night.
In a statement at the weekend, Shehu said there was no fire within the perimeter walls of the State House as speculated by the reports.
According to him, there was indeed a bush fire behind the fence of the ‘Villa’ Saturday night but the said inferno did not enter the premises of the State House, as it was effectively contained by fire fighters.
He said investigations were ongoing on the source of the said fire and that initial suspicion suggested cigarette stub light, which might have been dropped in the bush from the nearby express.
Shehu clarified that the fire had no impact on any building, property or human within and around the State House.
“People in the country and even abroad have been expressing concerns over reports of a fire incident in Aso Rock Villa, the seat of the Nigerian government. I would like to clarify that there was no fire inside the Presidential Villa.”
– Mar. 7, 2021 @ 5:44 GMT |