TWO people were on Monday in Norway charged for breaking into an underground bunker in Oslo, the scene of a rave where about two dozen people accidentally suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at the weekend.
Police in the Norwegian capital said they were considering whether more people should be charged and if other charges should be added for the two people facing trespassing penalties.
The incident came to light early on Sunday when a police patrol ran into a group of partygoers near the bunker. Many were, however, dizzy and incoherent, triggering a large response from the authorities.
According to the police, up to 200 people attended the party. “The police probe has involved checking online traces and questioning witnesses,” it said.
However, forensic technicians were due on Tuesday to investigate the bunker.
Earlier, police and fire services said they suspected the poisoning was caused by portable generators used to power audio systems.
Meanwhile, Oslo University Hospital said that three of the 27 people admitted on Sunday remained under observation and in intensive care. Five of the patients had been in serious, but not a life-threatening condition.
Most of the patients admitted were partygoers, but two police officers were also treated at the hospital.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas that replaces oxygen in the blood when inhaled and continues to inflict damage even after the victim returns to clean air. (dpa/NAN)
– Aug. 31 2020 @ 15:29 GMT |