FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
NATIONAL COUNCIL ON PRIVATISATION
SECRETARIAT: BUREAU OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
PRIVATISATION ADVISORY SERVICES:
CONCESSION OF TAFAWA BALEWA SQUARE (TBS) COMPLEX, LAGOS
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
In line with its current economic reform programme and its resolve to concession Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) Complex, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) and its Secretariat, the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), invites expressions of interest for consulting services to advise and assist the FGN to concession TBS.
OVERVIEW OF TAFAWA BALEWA SQUARE COMPLEX (TBS)
Tafawa Balewa Square Complex, which covers a land area of about forty-seven (47) acres, is located on 45/57 Massey Bamgboshe Street, Lagos. The Complex is built on 14.5 hectares and the Square has a capacity for 50,000 people. The facilities at the complex include a shopping centre, shops, kiosks, offices, restaurants, a car park, auditorium and a bus terminal.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI)
The Bureau of Public Enterprises, on behalf of the National Council on Privatisation (NCP), now invites eligible Consultants with expertise in the provision of advisory services for privatisation transaction from which a concessionaire that will manage TBS will emerge.
Requisite Experience includes:
- Prior experience in services of similar nature and complexity;
- Thorough knowledge of the specified industry or sector, including regulatory frameworks, pricing, taxation, economic, financial and commercial issues; and
- Possession of at least 10 years of relevant experience, including a proven track record in managing similar transaction processes locally, internationally, and in countries of comparable development as Nigeria.
- Prospective advisers may submit EOI as a firm or a consortium of firms and/or individual professionals.
- The firm/consortium must have the capacity to provide the following advisory services:
i) Financial Advisory Services;
ii) Legal Services;
iii) Accounting Advisory Services;
iv) Technical Advisory Services; and
v) Environmental Advisory Services.
Expressions of Interest from eligible firms/consortia should include the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
- Profile of firm/consortium including ownership structure and in the case of a consortium, the role of each member of the consortium, and their full contact details;
- Names and curriculum vitae of all staff of the firm/firms in the consortium who will be involved in the assignment, including their qualification and individual experience in handling similar assignments;
- Copies of unabridged audited financial reports of the firm/Lead Adviser in the case of a consortium for the last five years (2013 to 2018);
- In the case of a consortium, evidence of alliance/partnership or Memorandum of Understanding (MoU);
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act No.6, 2011 and amended Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act, 2011; and
- Evidence of registration with BPE and relevant tax authorities.
One original + five copies (and a softcopy on CD ROM) of the Expression of Interest must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Privatisation Advisory Services for the Concession of Tafawa Balewa Square Complex (TBS), Lagos” and delivered not later than 1pm local time on or before Thursday 23rd May, 2019 at the address below. Kindly note that bids will be opened immediately by the Evaluation Committee.
Alex A. Okoh,
Bureau of Public Enterprises
11, Osun Crescent, Off IBB Way
P.M.B. 442, Garki, Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Tel: 234 9 460 4400
Email: [email protected]
Web site: http://www.bpe.gov.ng
Attention: Joseph Chigbo Anichebe
Director, Development Institutions & Natural Resources
Tel: 234 9 460 4433
Only short-listed applicants will be issued Request for Proposal [RfPs]
PLEASE NOTE THAT E-MAIL AND/OR SCANNED
SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
DISCLAIMER: This Invitation for Expressions of Interest does not in any manner constitute an agreement, and is neither an offer nor an invitation by the FGN to the prospective applicants or any other person. Each prospective applicant shall bear all costs associated with and in relation to its application and the FGN shall not be liable in any manner for any costs or expenses incurred by an applicant in preparation or submission of an application, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the bidding process.