Remains of APGA Secretary in Oroma retrieved from River Niger



THE remains of secretary of All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA,  in Oroma  Etiti Community, Anambra West Local Government Area has been retrieved from the River Niger.

The corpse of the late Julius Chukwudi Chinwuba, secretary, allegedly murdered, floated on November 17, a couple of days after he went missing.

It was believed that he was murdered and corpse thrown into River Niger to conceal the crime and identity of the victim.

The late Chinwuba from Umunzu kindred was until his death the president-general of his community.

He was said to have been murdered two days prior to the conduct of the recently concluded gubernatorial election held on November 18.

It was suspected that some prominent people in the area, who had demanded that he relinquish the position of President- General of the community, might have been behind his disappearance and eventual death.

The late Chinwuba’s corpse which floated on Nov. 17 was identified by some members of the community.

According to a source, Chinwuba attended a meeting of his Umunzu kindred on the fateful day.

At the time his body was retrieved, his hands and legs were bound together with bags of sand and blocks, apparently to weigh it down.

It was gathered that prior to his death, his house was said to have been torched, and his farms destroyed in Oroma Etiti, all in an attempt to compel him to relinquish the two positions – president-general and secretary of the party in the community.

The secretary position was zoned to his Umunzu kindred and he contested and won with popular votes against a candidate of his opponent from same kindred.

Reacting to the incident, Igwe Nwozekwe Okeke, the traditional ruler, Oroma Etiti Community, said the death was regrettable noting that the police had yet to make arrests in connection with the crime.

“The suspects have run away from the community and we cannot pursue them, since it is only the police that can go after them,’’ Okeke said.

He lamented that there has not been any serious action by the Police since the murder.

Confirming the incident, ASP Nkiru Nwode, the state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, , said she could not speak elaborately on the matter.


– Dec 8, 2017 @ 17:12 GMT |



(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)
Click Banner for Details