As the battle to clear himself of rape charges continues, the world famous Cristiano Ronaldo has hired a high profile lawyer, David Chesnoff to handle his case.
Chesnoff is renowned as lawyers to many stars having handled cases for the likes of tennis star, André Agassi and Paris Hilton, an American television personality, socialite, business woman, model, and singer.
The Police in the US has this week re-opened an investigation into rape allegations against the 33-year-old Ronaldo.
Chesnoff, a criminal defence lawyer has previously represented high-profile figures such as Shaquille O’Neal, Mike Tyson, Bruno Mars, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx and members of Michael Jackon’s family.
Based in Las Vegas at his Chesnoff & Schonfeld law firm, he also specialises in libel cases, and is viewed as one of the world’s top lawyers in his areas of expertise.
Chesnoff has not wasted any time. Immediately after he was taken on by Ronaldo on Wednesday, he issued a statement “categorically” denying the accusations made by Kathryn Mayorga, 34, who claims that the Juventus footballer raped her in a hotel room in Las Vegas in June 2009.
Meanwhile, according to London’s Daily Mirror, lawyers acting for Cristiano Ronaldo s alleged sexual assault victim have extended their search for evidence to the UK. Kathryn Mayorga’s lawyer Leslie Stovall has begun attempting to track down a woman who made a complaint against the star which led to his arrest in 2005 on suspicion of rape.
The then-Manchester United starlet, who was aged 20 at the time, was quizzed by police in London over the alleged incident at the city’s five-star Sanderson Hotel on October 2 of that year.
Last night Stovall told the Mirror: “We are actively looking for this woman.
“She may hold information that may help up in our case.
“It is important we track her down to talk with her.
“I am more than prepared to fly to London to find her.”
Ronaldo and a second man, aged in his thirties, were accused by two women of assaulting them after United’s 3-2 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage on October 1, 2005.
At the time, the forward told pals we had been “stitched up” after being released on bail.
According to reports, one of the accusers later withdrew her allegation.
The Crown Prosecution Service ruled there was insufficient evidence to push ahead with a prosecution.
Earlier this week, Ronaldo, 33, issued a firm denial of the claim made against him by Mayorga.
He wrote on social media on Wednesday: “Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.
Mayorga alleges Ronaldo raped her in the penthouse suite of a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
The Nevada woman alleges the former Manchester United forward then dispatched a team of “fixers” to obstruct the criminal investigation and trick her into keeping quiet for 375,000 dollars (£268,000).
Ronaldo was also suspended for Juventus’ Champions League victory over Young Boys in midweek but should return for this weekend’s Serie A encounter with Udinese. – Sports Village Square
– Oct. 5, 2018 @ 17:42 GMT |